River Assault Division 152
April 14, 1969
This data was transcribed from an actual document acquired recently compliments of Bradley Robertson ( T-152-7 )
14 April 1969
From: Commander River Assault Division 152
To: River Assault Division 152
Subj: Reorganization of the administrative structure of RAD 152
Ref: (a) RivRon 15 Organization Manual
Encl: (1) List of personnel assignments, effective: 16 Apr 69(2) Admin Organization chart, RAD 152, eff: 16 Apr 69
1. BACKGROUND. On 16 April 1969, several enlisted personnel will advance in rate in River Assault Division 152. In an attempt to better use the enlisted assets of the division, to reward personnel in the division who have consistently shown a high level of performance and devotion to duty, and to take advantage of much of the experience and expertise of older members of the command, 16 April 1969 will also be a day of major reorganization of the administrative structure of RAD 152. This memorandum will outline that reorganization in detail.
2. INFORMATION. Enclosure (1) details new boat captain and section leader assignments that are to be effected on 16 Apr 1969. These assignments were decided on after serious thought and are meant to recognize many of the top performers in the division and to give the young petty officers responsibility commensurate with their ratings and abilities.
3. Enclosure (2) details the new administrative relationships within RAD 152 effective 16 Apr 69.
4. ACTION. In carrying out the relieving of boat captains on 16 Apr 69, the following procedures will apply:
(conít) then check the division personnel board and see if the boatís personnel status is accurately reflected.
6. The section leader will be a new step in the chain of command of the division. The section leader will responsible for all aspects of the boats assigned to his section, particularly personnel and material readiness, boat training and performance. The section leader will see and approve all personnel and material requests going up or coming down through the chain of command. The section leader will have direct access to the Division Chief Staff Officer at all times and will be expected to keep the CSO fully briefed on all problems. The section leader will also have direct access to the Material Officer and his assistant and be responsible for keep the Material Officer fully informed on the material condition and requirements of his boats.
7. The institution of the section leader billet does not lessen the responsibility or autonomy of the boat captain in anyway. The section leader billet is meant to give the boat captain quicker response to his boatís needs and to break the command and control functions in the division down to reasonably sized units. The section leader is senior to the boat captain. However the boat captain will be held completely responsible for his crew and his boat. In the event a boat captain billet becomes vacant temporarily, the section leader will assume the job until the boat captain returns or until replacement is assigned. In the even a section leader billet becomes vacant, the senior boat captain in the section will assume the job.
8. The support functions of the division will also be reorganized on 16 April 69. The new billets and their duties follow:
ENCLOSURE # 1
Personnel Assignments effective 16 April 1969
Boat Captains Section Designator Section Leader
A-152-1 Gustuson, RM3 "A" BM1 Scott
A-152-2 Langston, BM2
A-152-3 Lueke, BM2
A-152-4 Szymanski, RM3
T-152-1 Thompson, BM1 "B" BM1 Hart
T-152-2 Buchanan, RM2
T-152-3 Ellis, BM2
T-152-4 Peterson, BM1 "C" BM1 Francis
T-152-5 Duschanek, BM3
T-152-6 Stevens, BM1
T-152-7 Robertson, BM2 "D" BM1 OíConnell
T-152-8 Saphore, GMG2
T-152-9 Helms, BM1
T-152-10 Cuevas, BM2 "E" BM1 Jackson
T-152-11 Reed, BM1
T-152-12 Blankenship, BM3
T-152-13 Dole, EM2
M-152-1 Hurst, BM1
Z-152-1 Hall, BM1
C-152-1 Kirchharr, BMC
R-152-1 McIntosh, BM 1
Effective 16 April 1969
Personnel Assist. ----------------------Chief Staff Officer-------------------- Material Officer
BMC Holder Lt. (jg) Miller Ens. Adams
--Welfare and Recreation | Boat Maintenance Asst.
--Training | | BMC Wooten
| | |
PONTOON CHIEF ----------------------------------------- | | SUPPLIES
BM1 Weese | | BM1 McMahon
| | |
WORK DETAILS SECTION LEADERS ----------------- |
(PO1 & CPO)
|--------------------------------------------- BOAT CAPTAINS